OK. We can either listen to this classic… or get active… or both!
Joe Biden continues to pick up votes in Georgia after clinching the presidency.
According to WSBTV.com News Staff. Updated November 9, 2020 – 4:55 PM
Vice President-Elect Joe Biden holds a lead of 10,195 votes over President Donald Trump in Georgia as ballots continue to trickle in.
There are insufficient outstanding votes to overturn these results and a recount is unlikely to do so either.
All eyes are now on Georgia as the state prepares for two crucial Senate races that could determine the balance of power in Washington.
Kelly Loeffler is slated for a runoff with Raphael Warnock and David Perdue will face Democratic challenger Jon Ossoff on January 5.
Below is information included in today’s Hubbell newsletter about ways to work for the democratic candidates in the senate runoff elections in Georgia in January.
The Georgia Senate Races. Per an interview with Stacy Abrams, you can contribute to Fair Fight, where you can split your contribution with Jon Ossoff, Rev. Raphael Warnock, and Fair Fight (to help with voter protection efforts). You can also sign up for phonebanking opportunities at Fair Fight. If you live in Georgia, you can request an absentee ballot here: “Georgia Absentee Voters / January 5, 2021 Runoff.” If you would like to help turnout by calling voters in Georgia, see SwingLeft / Georgia. If you are a postcard writer, check out Flip the West / Postcards to Georgia Voters for U.S. Senate Runoff Race! Both Ossoff and Warnock’s campaigns have volunteer opportunities outside of phone banking, including hosting a grassroots fundraiser and attending virtual events: Jon Ossoff for U.S. Senate and Rev. Raphael Warnock for U.S. Senate.
Added on Nov 13th:
1. Make sure everyone who voted for Ossoff & Warnock on 11/3 is aware of the runoff elections. Canvass, phone, text bank and/or write letters.
Volunteer for Jon Ossoff:https://www.mobilize.us/election/
Volunteer for Raphael Warnock:https://warnockforgeorgia.com/take-action/
Phone bank for both Ossoff & Warnock:https://togetherfor2020.org/…/phone-bank-for…/all/
Write letters for both Ossoff & Warnock: https://votefwd.org/
2. Register as many new voters as possible in the next few weeks. Donate to the following groups working to register voters in Georgia. Let’s make sure these community groups have the resources they need to do everything possible to GOTV. Time is of the essence. Georgians who were not registered to vote in the 2020 Election can still register by 12/7 to vote in the Runoff Election
Org started by Stacy Abrams:
- Fair Fight: https://fairfight.com
- Black Voters Matter: https://www.blackvotersmatterfund.org/
- Spread The Vote Georgia: https://www.spreadthevote.org/georgia
- New Georgia Project: https://newgeorgiaproject.org
- Latino Organizing – Galeo: https://galeo.org/
- Go Vote Georgia: https://www.govotega.org/
Dates and Deadlines:
- Nov. 18 – Absentee ballots begin going out
- Dec. 7 – Deadline to register
- Dec. 14 – Early in-person voting begins
- Jan. 5 – Election Runoff
- For Georgians: If you turn 18 by January 5, 2021, you are eligible to register now and vote on Election Day, Jan. 5th.