50 Million Americans have Medicare (including me) and we have been targeted by scare tactics! So some of us may be worried about the changes under ACA (Obamacare) and what that will mean for our Medicare coverage.
This months AARP bulletin (which I always read) has a great readable article by Marsha Mercer with balanced answers from both sides to key questions such as:
- what about cuts to Medicare under the ACA?
- my copays are going up…why?
- my doctor was dropped by the Medicare Advantage company. Why?
- what about drug prescription costs?
- is hospital care going to suffer because of decreased payments to hospitals?
- does the ACA help Medicare in the long run? Will it still be there is 15 years?
Everyone should get educated on these questions and listen to the pros and the facts!